Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My own Nutty Tendencies: ...sure to be added upon:)

I really struggle with getting nervous before I teach. Everytime- no fail. The first time I taught in class, I was okay at the beginning, but then I slowly got more anxious and nervous. I was glad that right before I was to go, Bro. Wright called for a break. I got out in the hall, drank some water, and ran a few laps in the hallway trying to get my mind off of being so nervous. When I got up to teach, however, I was out of breath and I found myself speed talking and unable to notice what was happening in the classroom and unable to sense whether I was teaching comprehensibly or not.

The next time I taught, was when I taught Stl #18. Unfortunately, that time I did not do my running before hand. One of the responses I got back was "watching you walk in circles made me dizzy." :).

The major thing I am worried about in being nervous is as I stated above- I don't want to be too occupied with myself that I can't be aware of how my students are doing. I don't want to be too rushed in my anxiety that I don't spend enough time on an aspect of the learning or even on the question a student asks.

I hope I will get better with time

No comments:

Post a Comment