Monday, December 7, 2009

My thoughts on becoming a teacher

I want to be a teacher because I want to make a difference in the lives of others. I want to enable their life to be better. I love seeing the joy and the light in someone's eyes when they finally understand. I love the challenge of figuring out how to help them figure something out and to make sense of it. I love that I will have have the opportunity to associate with many great young minds.

I think I can be a good teacher. I still understand the trials and feelings of the younger years- they are still fresh in my mind. I know that I have many things to polish before I can become a good teacher and be able to go out in confidence to help students learn.

What a great blessing it is to be able to be a teacher! The chance to be someone in the lives of so many students, and oh what a great responsibility. I hope I always keep this in mind and never forget this. How can I let one student down? How can I neglect in keeping watch over my class? I can't and I will strive with all my might to not let them leave lacking what I could have given them! I know I have much to learn, and will always have much to learn- that is part of the fun of it :). But, I will strive to do my best to give my students as much strength as I can. I love them, though I don't really know them, and I won't give up being my best and making, each day, that best even better for them :).

And I hope and I pray that this,
my promise, will not be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment